Saturday 27 March 2010

Marathon number 2 - it's in the bag!

Yeehaaaa marathon number 2 in the bag.

Well i say marathon...it was actually nearly 28 miles today. The first 20 were relatively straightforward. A lap of Portland and the promenade at Weymouth, then came the cliffs leading to Lulworth Cove. Going up hurt my lungs and coming down killed my thighs, so the pace really slowed. 5hrs 26mins for 28 miles was ok...I think i will have slipped down the leader board a touch!!!

Once you've done 2, you fell that your almost there. 54 miles done and a mere 26 or so to go. It's supposed to be the hardest terrain tomorrow so I'm expecting my slowest time, but I'm sure I'll make it. Then just a 2 hr drive home. Not sure how I'll get out of the car. Now time for food and a massage. I'm too tired to upload any pics today!

No comments:

Post a Comment